Warehousing companies play an important role in the exchange of goods.
If you or your business has previously been into international trading and product transportation, then you are well aware of the importance of choosing a top warehousing company.
On the other hand, if you are one of those people that are facing warehousing needs for the first time, then this article will help your way on carefully and successfully choosing the best warehousing company for your needs.
It is no secret that warehousing companies provide services that can help you prepare and store your products, while at the same time providing you economic and service benefits.
So, let’s take a further read on how you can choose a top warehousing company in 7 easy steps:
1. Ask if They Handled Your Type of Products Before
This is one of the main questions that you will have to cover the answer for when searching for the best warehousing company.
Familiarity of handling your type of products can be crucial due to the following factors:
- Packing and storing;
- Technical know-how;
- Loading plans;
Choosing a warehousing company that knows every aspect of handling your type of products can help you stay care free. But at the same time it can save you money too.
Tip: You can recognize if the warehousing company has really handled your type of products previously by the type of offer that they are going to give you. Pay special attention to the type of equipment to store, pack and ship your products.
2. Make Sure Their Equipment is a Good Fit for Your Product Type
When choosing a warehousing company it is important to realize that having a warehouse staff being familiar and knowledgeable about handling your type of products is not enough.
In addition to that, the warehousing company should offer equipment and specific accommodations that are a good fit for your product type.
Therefore, if your product type is sensitive, then you will have to look for a warehousing company that can offer you the following:
- Maintenance, service and spare parts;
- Racking system according to your needs and dimensions;
- Complete draft plan for the storage equipment;
- Cargo storage of any weights and dimensions;
- Facility that maintains both temperature and humidity levels;
- Sterile storage facility- if your products are delicate electronics or chemicals;
Also, warehousing companies that are handling sensitive types of products are offering protection and risk bearing of the products. Simply, cover this to ensure that the warehousing company you are going to choose will be the perfect fit for your products.
We at Deni International are offing excellent warehousing solutions for storage, manipulation and maintenance.
Apart from that, we are also distributors of LINDE Material Handling. Now you can choose between an electrical, diesel or LPG forklift according to your needs. We will offer you the best balance between price and performance.
3. Check If the Location of the Warehousing Company Is Good For You
Never forget to check the location of the warehousing company.
Why is that so important?
Location is the key to timely delivery, and by that it is the key to saving you additional costs too.
Here are some factors to consider before making the final decision:
- Determine your customer base and pinpoint the region;
- Find a good balance between the location of the warehousing company and the convenience as well as proximity to customers;
- Check if the roads are good, if access is available, what traffic is like and if there is clearance for trucks;
In other words, the location of your warehousing company contributes directly to the overall customer experience, but as well to the efficiency of your business.
Our warehouse is located at Skopje’s entrance, providing access for heavy loading vehicles, avoiding the city center. The good infrastructure, E-75 highway and Skopje Ring road, makes our location easily reachable from/to all directions (Belgrade, Pristina, Veles, Tetovo).
4. Can They Cover all of Your Requirements
Before you even start searching for a top warehousing company, it is imperative that you carefully consider your storage needs.
Only by knowing your precise storage needs you will be able to determine if a warehousing company can meet all your requirements.
Some of the most common requirements that customers have include:
- Bulk storage;
- Proper square footage;
- Compatibility of products being stored with one another;
5. Are the Warehouse Conditions Adjusted for Sensitive Goods
If your goods are in the category of perishable food items, hazardous materials or pharmaceutical products, then it is essential for you to find a warehousing company that can adjust its conditions for sensitive goods.
Therefore, the warehousing company should cover the following points when handling sensitive goods:
- Secured entry;
- Constant monitoring of temperature and humidity;
- Sprinklers and risk management processes;
Sensitive goods should be stored in the right conditions, only that way spoilage, damage and substantial losses can be prevented.
6. How Secure is Their Warehouse?
Warehouse security starts by covering all the space’s vulnerable areas.
The warehouse security level is one of the most critical components when it comes to dealing with valuable and sensitive products.
A warehousing company that has developed strict security measures will have a staff that is trained to react quickly in the event of theft. In addition to that every warehousing company should have highly efficient alarms that will increase the product security.
Thereupon, a well secured warehousing will have covered the following:
- Guarded entrance & exit doors of the warehouse;
- Installed surveillance system for live monitoring of the external as well as the internal activities;
- Proper inventory management system;
- Regular review and maintenance of the warehouse security system;
- High-tech access control system integrated with surveillance;
7. Check Which Additional Services They Offer
A top warehousing company will always have in hand to offer you additional services, such as are the following:
- Warehousing cargo in transit;
- Adjusted conditions for warehousing medicines and medicine materials, toxic materials, technical and electronic sensitive goods;
- Warehousing cars, loading vehicles, nonstandard dimensions and machines;
- Modern technical equipment;
- 24/7 loading and unloading with complete video surveillance;
- 70% racking system in the warehouse;
- Professional team on your disposal;
All in all, the process of choosing a top warehousing company will not take a long period of time if you have previously determined your strict needs and requirements.
Selecting the top warehousing company is not without its challenges, but by considering the 7 steps mentioned above you can ensure to choose it wisely.